Sunday, March 14, 2010

Choice pt. 2

Then why do I feel this
if it is right
three miles a day
why do we fight

If it is natural
and it is what it is
then why do we hate it
and cry it amiss

One says he thus spoke
Zarathustra
to the man on the tightrope
Fulfillment in job
and you are alright

And Mr. Russell says
it will all pass away
your neighbors, your kids,
it will all decay
Accept it. That's life
That's death

But I hate it,
I don't want it.
Why must it be?

Many see the God
who drives us form the tree
with sword, with fire,
closing Paradise shut.

But see he drives us again
He moved through the one
and calls us to redemption

He says hate it,
and hate it well.
It is unnatural

Come home
Find fulfillment in me
I have prepared a place for you
under this shaded tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment