Sunday, November 15, 2009

11/15

Edwards next deals with desire as a necessary part of true Christianity. The desire for God must be our first desire.

I realized as I was reading the verses he laid out for this section that many have contemporary songs written about them. Here are the examples.

First an oldie but a goodie. I learned this one at camp.
Psalm 42:1-2
Here is the song

We sang this at our wedding
Psalm 63:1-2
Here is the link (with Spanish subtitles!)

Psalm 84:1-2
Here is the link

I couldn't remember the song to this one, but someone out there might know
Psalm 73:25

Here is one I thought of
Isaiah 55:1-2 and Rev. 21-22
This is a great song

We have so many good songs out today that cry out in our desire for God. Let us not stop crying out to him in desire. Let us add to this other songs and other affections. I was just really happy when I was reading these verses. I thought, this is something the present church does well.

No comments:

Post a Comment